Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Newbie Question in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

slikt

Hi, been tiling on and off for many years. My question is, i'm about to do my kitchen floor and I wanted to check what i'm about to do is the correct way as it'll work out a very costly mistake, I just wanted to know about the correct procedures :)

The floor is concrete with patchy SLC that is under vinyl tiles, and i'm looking to install UFH mats and porcelain 600x600 tiles. . . so. . .

1. Prepare sub floor with primer
2. Use flexi adhesive to fix insulation boards (are they always necessary)?
3. Fix UFH to boards
4. Use SLC to cover entire area at a 2-3mm thickness?
5. Use Rapid flexi adhesive to fix tiles.

Can you guys recommend the right products, I normally use BAL rapid set flexible?

As said, I need to get this right as there is alot or prep work and an expensive mistake if I missed something out.

Any advice and comments are more than welcome and thank you in advance. . :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Newbie Question in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks