Search the forum,

Discuss New Feature: Social Media Buttons (Facebook, Goolge+, Twitter etc) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just added a new feature to the forum which expands on the existing Facebook 'like' feature. Now you'll find buttons on many pages, for many social networks.

Please do like each thread that you find interesting, the more threads liked, the better.

And please click 'Like' in the forum sidebar to like our actual facebook page, but also click 'like' at the top of the forum homepage to actually 'like' our page.

Confusing? Maybe - You just need to click 'em both though, and then we know you've done it right. :D :D

Cheeeeeers for all your help with this. As many likes on as many social networks please. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just click 'Like' when you see a button you are familiar with. If you don't spot one, don't worry, it probably isn't applicable to you. :D

J

jay

Just click 'Like' when you see a button you are familiar with. If you don't spot one, don't worry, it probably isn't applicable to you. :D

so if i see a like button i just hit it ..why.. if i like the thread i hit it but why are there more like buttons .

it probably isn't applicable to you. :D

no offence taken

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Different social networks.

See them at the top of this thread?

Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkedIn, StumpleUpon, and Google+

Before, we only had Facebook.

Though I'm guessing that if you didn't get what I said, that you probably don't use social networks?

This sort of stuff won't apply to most I'd guess on this forum. Though when it does and people use the features, it can help bring more members to the forum, and that's cool, even for the people who don't use the features.

A no brainer in my eyes.

J

jay

Different social networks.

See them at the top of this thread?

Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkedIn, StumpleUpon, and Google+

Before, we only had Facebook.

Though I'm guessing that if you didn't get what I said, that you probably don't use social networks?

This sort of stuff won't apply to most I'd guess on this forum. Though when it does and people use the features, it can help bring more members to the forum, and that's cool, even for the people who don't use the features.

A no brainer in my eyes.

better when you put it in plain English got it now

U

user123

Sorted :thumbsup: but how did you get the google +1 button on there? I've tried and failed so far on my website..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You just need to copy the HTML code into your page, but switch the page to HTML view rather than WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) view.

Also try doing a plugin search in your wordpress. You'll probably find one that installs a similar thing to what we have now, so it'll have a tweet this, google +1 this, and fb like this all rolled into one.
Do a search for [h=2]ShareThis[/h]http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/share-this/

It's a one-click install though through your control panel. You don't want to maul around downloading and uploading things so just do a search in your control panel. :thumbsup:

U

user123

Ok, that plugin might help. I did copy the code off the google site into HTML, but it just didn't show, and used another as well, then got rid of both not to confuse things later on. Will try some other time, today I took a whole day off!! :hurray: went into town, saw friends, normal stuff! :hurray:

Reply to New Feature: Social Media Buttons (Facebook, Goolge+, Twitter etc) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen