Search the forum,

Discuss Need Help Levelling For A Tray In A Wetroom in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

ageless

I took on my own large bathroom upstairs in my new build. Its 2,5x3.5m room and have tiled all walls and floor and ready to tile my wet room tray but I'm out in 1 corner about 12mm. If this was anywhere else in the room I could fill out with tile adhesive and it would never be seen but this wet room adhesive is a bit tacky and I'm afraid I'll make a balls of the mosaic tiles because of the thick adhesive.

Ripping it all out and re-levelung tge teay isn't an option because of costs and time. I'm wondering how thick I can use this wet room adhesive before I run into problems. I'm now going to use larger tiles which will help me out of this bad situation I'm in.

Has anyone else can any recommendations that could help as I'm badly in need of it

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Double tile it?

I'm struggling to picture the situation. But I get that you need to pack out the tiling.

With most adhesive you can tile over tile, so in theory you can tile a layer using off-cuts, then tile over that again with the actual finish...... I think?

W

White Room

Not if your using mosaic, you could build up the addy but it would have set before attempting any fixing of the mosaic...if you see what I mean.

O

Old Mod

Not knowing specifics it's hard to give a definitive answer, but what about some latex, re-tank and tile?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh mosaics, missed that.

Think plasterboard do the job then? Use adhesive to stick that to the wall first, then tile over that...?

A

ageless

Tganks for the swift replies folks. With abit of luck, you will help get me out of this mess
IMG_20150522_212528.jpg

Bottom left corner is off level. Room is already tiled apart from wet area but no pic yet, sorry.

I need the wet tray tiles to meet the level if tiles already on floor. If I build this corner up with the tacky wet tray adhesive, the mosaics won't sit right so I'm going to get larger tiles and cut the slopes. What really worries me is the tray adhesive, its like a tacky sealent silicone type adgesive when used and I'm worried if I use this to build up under tile, it will mess things up. Is it possible to use flexi adhesive on a tray or am I in rubbish creek!

Reply to Need Help Levelling For A Tray In A Wetroom in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen