Search the forum,

Discuss my kitchen tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hemingway

Well id done my kitchen a few months ago and just finished my 2week tiling course,So id thought i would put some pics up.In the last pic the break fast bar runs short of the wall.Dont know why the kitchen fitter didnt run to the wall.just wondering if i should carry on the tiles underneath ideas would be greatful.
Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture026.jpg

D

david campbell

personal preference mate,some people like it tiled down to the floof/skirting others don't,to be honest most people don't though:thumbsup:

A

aqua blue

It doesn't look right to me. My options would be....

1 Add one more course of tile matching the depth of counter.
2 Tile down to floor.
3 Use white PVC trim of counter depth to match surrounding white architrave.

M

mikethetile

thats a nice job, you should be proud of youself:thumbsup:

its personal preference wether you tile under, but it is your own house and if it was me I would tile under

T

the chippy

If it was mine i would tile under worktop aswell plus its a bit more practise for ya.
Its a great fealing when your getting complimants about your work thats a massive confidense booster well done m8. :thumbsup:

S

Sean fsy

if the tiles are 50x50 which they look like than the kitchen fitter couldnt do antything about the worktop as breakfast bar worktops are only 900mm wide and counting the tiles there are 18 wich equals 900mm, and he had to start the worktop a fair bit before where the tiles start.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sean fsy

just one small thing, all 3 double sockets i can see are all at different heights.

Reaction score
It is a personal preference, but I think with those colours (being quite subtle) I would be tempted to tile below

Nice work, you should be proud :thumbsup:

Reply to my kitchen tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen