Currently reading:
Mosic glass tiles to mixed MDF/Chipboard floor in bath room

Discuss Mosic glass tiles to mixed MDF/Chipboard floor in bath room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi,
Im new to tiling and just about to start work on tiling my bathroom.On the floor am going to be using 2.5cm glass mosic tiles to cover 2sq meters.
However the floor with the lino removed is MDF and chipboard.
Ive been looking at different adhesives on-line but could not find anything specific to this so im still perplexed as to what i should do.
Could some one give me advice on what adhesive i should use and if i require any additive/bonding agent and what grout would be best which is in white.
It would also be help full if these items come in sizes which would not leave me with loads of un-used material as its only a small size.
Cheers

R

Rich

As above, 6mm ply will land you in a world of bother. 6mm cement board like No More Ply or Hardiebacker is what you need. The boards need to be glued and screwed down, some brands say use tile adhesive and others will sell a glue to apply to the underside of the boards to fill any voids (these will cause tiles to come loose over time) and then screw the boards down at a min of 300mm centres. As long as you follow the manufacturer's installation instructions, this should give you the best substrate to tile onto :thumbsup:.

R

Rich

Thanks for the advice.
Im going to lay marine Ply 6mm on to the current flooring as is flat already so i just need the surface.
Im going to be using the BAL mosiac adhesive with the BAL Prime APD primer, the grout ill use will be the Microfelx wall grout for less then 5mm. you should use the appropriate floor grout, unless its a printing error

Well done, I missed that :thumbsup:

Reply to Mosic glass tiles to mixed MDF/Chipboard floor in bath room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.