Discuss mosaic Tiles onto Shower tray former in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Good morning all. Hoping an expert will be able to advise me as I'm dreading making a very expensive mistake
I am planning to lay the mosaic tiles pictured onto a wet room shower tray former, I have bought larger porcelain tiles for the rest of the bathroom,
IMG_0283.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg was worried about cutting them in around the tray former. Do you feel the mosaics would be a slipping hazard? and would there be any problems with underfloor heating.

Thank you so much for your time.

Paul

Reaction score
Hi
Thank you for your reply.
It is a Prowarm linear end drain wet room shower tray 900mm x 900mm with tillable drain cover

O

Old Mod

So it’s an xps foam tray.
what size are the mosaic individual pieces?
(not sheet size)

O

Old Mod

You’ll need to check direct with manufacturer on the point loading of the tray.
Mostly, foam trays have a minimum mosaic piece size of 50 x 50mm, anything smaller will exceed the point loading of the tray and could potentially pierce the tray.
so you will need them to guarantee that your mosaic are suitable, size wise, first.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Those are also not suitable mosaics for a floor, I'd be hesitant with glass mosaics near a floor at all

Reply to mosaic Tiles onto Shower tray former in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks