Discuss Mapeker for fixing down Warmup insulation boards? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

I have a few bags of Mapeker to use up and was wondering if it would be suitable to use for fixing down warmup insulation boards, and then again on top of the warmup ufh (loose wire) for fixing down ceramic floor tiles.

Also, what size trowel is best for the boards???

Substrate is concrete screed by the way

D

DHTiling

Mapeker is a C2 adhesive and fine for what you need....and also suitable for ply overlay of 15mm and above..

Keep up with the spec neale...;)

G

Gazzer

Mapeker is a C2 adhesive and fine for what you need....and also suitable for ply overlay of 15mm and above..

Keep up with the spec neale...;)

i think Mapei need to keep up with there brochures :mad2:

yes Dave is right (as usual) ( although i still wouldnt use it myself)
It seems they have done recent tests and have found that and i quote "Basically we've been under selling the product!!"
they also state that the UFH should " be encapsulated in a SLC"

D

DHTiling

It's always been a suitable product neale, just they haven't really pushed it as that...the new bags..have mapeker flex on them..but still the same adhesive as before..

Attachments

• mapeker.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 114
D

DHTiling

My little black book..says it is suitable for UFH..? and my mapei rep says it is flexible enough for timber floors as well...( 15mm overlay)..:thumbsup:

Mapeker is a great adhesive IMHO..and available in white as well.

G

Gazzer

Yes Dave i have the black book too but if you read page 11 it makes no mention of saying its suitable. Obviously this need re editing on the next print. only when you read the adhesive selector does it say that it is suitable.

Reply to Mapeker for fixing down Warmup insulation boards? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks