Currently reading:
Mapei Ultraplan SLC and which primer?

Discuss Mapei Ultraplan SLC and which primer? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kurn

Hi, first off, what a great site! Currently doing a tiling course and I'm on summer holiday so can't ask my tutor. I'm sure you guys could help.

I'm leveling a concrete floor next week using Mapei Ultraplan Renovation Screed. The customer phoned me to order the materials and under pressure, from lack of knowledge, I rushed things and purchased Primer G. Is this correct primer? if not will it still do the job?

Also, part of the kitchen floor had has those sticky laminate tiles which has left this black rubbery glue/adhesive stuff which is a pain to remove. How can I get that stuff off? Was thinking blow torch and scraper or angle grinder lol. Surely that a bit too drastic.

Hope someone can help!!

Thanks

K

Kurn

Will you be tiling under the cupboards..

Wasn't my plan to. Trying to do the job as cheap as possible. The part of the floor which needs leveling deviates 12mm all over, so i'm thinking it should be able hold the weight of the cupboards. Am I going about this the wrong way? The thing is I want to square up to the cupboards and have symmetry from that point.

Reply to Mapei Ultraplan SLC and which primer? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.