Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei mapegum on walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Prbmoran

Hi,
I have just finished tanking my shower ready for a re-tile. I have got loads of the mapegum left over. Is there any advantage to putting that on the rest of the painted plaster board walls (after priming) ready for the new tiles? I have tried to get off the paint that is there but i think its just a thin mist coat that seems 'soaked in' to the plaster.

I suppose my question is, is there any advantage to putting the mapegum on to improve adherance with the adhesive and tiles as I will be using a bagged mapei adhesive and they are designed to go together.

Any ideas or would it just be a waste of time/ resources?

Cheers

F

Flintstone

Hi,

No benefit of that at all. Be careful with the paint. Wet it and it will,probably scrape off if it's emulsion

Reply to Mapei mapegum on walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen