Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for experience working with Tiler (more than willing to work for free!) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chris.v

Hi everyone, 1st off im new to this forum so if i post a thread in the wrong area or say something that you have heard a million times before, feel free to give me some abuse lol.

On a serious note, im a 24 year old dad to a brilliant 2 year old boy who is my life. Im desperate to give us a great life and after recently being made unemployed i know its time to get retrained. I am a marine engineer by trade but to be honest i hate it. I have been thinking for quite some time now about training to become a plasterer and tiler, im very ambitious and eventually in the future would like to own my own business. My problem is that learning both trades costs money as well as gaining the experience. I have looked into getting trained as a plasterer through a company gaining nvq qualifications and looked at training centres to train as a tiler. My problem with the training centres is that with a cost of over £2000 for a 6 week intensive course with the cost of travel or accommadation etc on top is not affordable for me right now, as well as having bout 10 people being trained from one person in these centres, surely it makes more sence to work with a self employed tiler to learn the skill!

So if there is any tilers in or around SOUTHAMPTON that want a labourer who is very easy going and hard working for FREE and in return is willing to show me all that you can, i would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers chris

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:Chris - and its an excellent offer!

Check out the Training centres here on the Forum and see how they compare to your 6 week course.
I wonder if you may consider the option of just taking a shorter course in one trade and testing the market first before you make a leap.
It's a tough time for many occupations at the moment and your money in reserve will be of more benefit over the coming months than to speculate at the present time.
Don't give up your own trade after working at it for so long without completing a due diligence of your future as the grass is not always greener!
Mind you this IS the best job in the World.:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Looking for experience working with Tiler (more than willing to work for free!) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.