Search the forum,

Discuss lip products, adhesives ,grouts etc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

accurate curtis

hello everyone,,,iam thinking about buying a small shipment of lip tile adhesives and grouts and level compounds for for the tiling in 10 new builds which i have won the contract for.,,has anyone heard of (lip) its a danish company.they are supposed to be number one in parts of europe but have not heard of them, before someone in the trade mentioned them and said he had a link to buy in bulk. If anyone has used lip or know about lip products it would be helpfull thanks.

D

DHTiling

Why take the risk, surely adhesives etc are well cheaper in the uk than shipping in a smallish amount for ten new builds.

S

Spud

Dave has hit the nail on the head Curtis ,it may be good stuff but we have got top brands here already

P

paul flight

if you bulk order you will get trade + a bit more from most suppliers in the uk . do that the first price tell the supplier they can do better and 9 time out of 10 you will get a price that may surprise you ... good luck...

A

accurate curtis

thanks everyone for your replys,,, i suppose every tiler has there own personal preference on what materials they use...there are a lot of good brands out there..Ive done a bit of research on lip products and the eu standards they have been tested too. There are a lot of good plus's in there apart from the price. For instance bal who are owned by ardex ,their flexable adhesives are not tested to the highest eu standards for flexabilty they save that higher tested product and name it ardex...so i think what i can use will be better than bal..
And the advantage this lip product has over ardex is you dont have to buy any extra addatives to add to it which will save me money and time...
I know there will be alot of people out there who dont like to try new things even if there are advantages,So it would be interesting to find out if iam the only one who thinks....... if there is a new product to this country that is better than some of the top brands imported into this country at the moment and has advantages over other top brands not just price wise ,and is a top brand in other parts of europe already with a long history why not use it.It makes me think of an old skool carpenter i know that does not like anything other than what he knows even if it better and there is advantages---He will not use any power tools apart from drills it makes me laugh it really is funny...Ha Ha ha I Pulled out my bad boy (festool plung saw) on a job one day and showed him how good it was for cutting in straight lines he was not having none of it lol.....He dont like change Which is all good....lol..just think if everyone thought the same we would not have anything new in this country..I suppose he is the better man though for not wasting electric...LOL

A

accurate curtis

it was ment to say there are alot of good plus's aswell as the prices....just to clear that one up....

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Curtis, bad choice of name for a tile adhesive ( Lip ) :yikes: I'll get me coat.:lol:

Reply to lip products, adhesives ,grouts etc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen