Search the forum,

Discuss Latex SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mistral

Got to quote on latexing 300 sq mtrs over a concrete base........ any idea how long this would take for 2 of us? One mixing and one trowelling. I'm thinking 4 days to do it as may need 2 applications to get it dead right, but never done more than about 30 mtrs before, so not sure about any pitfalls in this amount. Thanks.

D

dagger

i have done 140m2 in a day with a mate of mine..

one knocks the first bucket up and pours,and while he is pouring i am knocking up...and on and on....

but to be fair, it will work out cheaper to get it pumped in and done in a day...and you can put a bit on as a "finders fee".

D

dagger

oh and the main pitfall of doing it yourself is you will not get 1 homogonous surface...

M

mistral

i have done 140m2 in a day with a mate of mine..

one knocks the first bucket up and pours,and while he is pouring i am knocking up...and on and on....

but to be fair, it will work out cheaper to get it pumped in and done in a day...and you can put a bit on as a "finders fee".
Apparently they've already got the leveller, so it's got to be done the hard way!
So 140mtrs in a day is about right for 4 days then if we lay 2 applications.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can you hire a pump and still pump it. Something like a Putzmeister MP 25 ought to be capable of mixing and pumping SLC

D

dagger

your four days labour for two men comes down to 1 day labour two men plus the expence of hiring the pump....i think you will make more money and have a better surface if you pump it....one guy splitting the bags on the pumping machine and the other pouring it.....

quicker, better....and more money!!!

i think the term is win,win.....and a bonus win!

Reply to Latex SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen