Search the forum,

Discuss Lasers and there confusion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WR Landscaping

Right I have finally saved some money for a laser.level but do I go for the bosch gll 250 cross line which self levels or go for the bosch tl30 (I think) laser which doesnt level but projects 3 lines and righ angles to each other? :whatchutalkingabout

Theres a trade show on this weekend so thinking to try and look at them but some reviews woul be good from you guys.

Also can a crossline be used to quickly project a right angle onto a floor?

P

Peter

Worth considering the PLS lasers too. Don't find my Bosch overly bright in normal lighting conditions.

B

bugs183

Go to Tradetiler and order a self levelling laser, and buy the laser staff to go with it.
Lasers are brilliant, but use one with a staff and you can instantly move it up and down, this is invaluable. The tripods are a bit pointless.
I've tried the floor lasers and don't rate them. You can't beat a good old fashioned string line.

afright

TF
Reaction score
My laser level is magnetic so I put a screw in the wall and hang an old saw up and stick the level to the saw you can then slide it up or down got a staff with the level but quicker using it on the saw.

A

Aston

i use a pls180, excellent laser levels
as bugs, dont rate the floor laser squares one bit ..dewalt dw060k was next to useless and the laser liner wasnt much either...

dewalts dw088k is good too and the hilti.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
PLS all the way, and you can use it as a cross on the floor if needed, I forget the button presses, either 4 gives the normal cross and 5 locks it so as you can turn it upside down or it's 3 and 4, thanks Pete ( pjc ) for that tip :thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Dewalt dw088 is a great piece of kit IMO. Does the job perfect for me.

A

Aston

PLS all the way, and you can use it as a cross on the floor if needed, I forget the button presses, either 4 gives the normal cross and 5 locks it so as you can turn it upside down or it's 3 and 4, thanks Pete ( pjc ) for that tip :thumbsup:

hi al
i was showing phil hobson that permanent cross / square feature on the pls the other day..
i've banged on about pls for years on here but when you use one, you realise how good they are.

i suppose you pay your money and takes your pick...

D

Dougs Third Go

I've got the bosch gll-250 with the magnetic holder, I screw a length of shelf racking to the wall so I can adjust it up or down.

Reply to Lasers and there confusion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen