Search the forum,

Discuss kitchen tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bean

We had wall tiles on our kitchen wall but when we got a new kitchen put in we decided not to replace the tiles as taking them off the wall is not an easy job so my mum and dad decide to tile over them......with vinyl floor tiles!!! (dont even go there) It looked fab once finished but here we are a few years down the line and they started to come off. So we have taken them off and are going to tile on top on the original tiles (which we should have just done at the start) only problem is my dad used evo stik to put the vinyl tiles on and now they are off we are left with very sticky glue on the original ceramic tiles....any ideas how to get the glue off or make it go hard or dry? We have tried adhesive remover, turps and cellulose thinners, kinda worked but will take ages even though we dont have that many tiles, if anyone has any ideas, much appreciated :) also taking tiles off the wall is not an option

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Why is taking the old tiles off not an option?

B

bean

my dad doesnt want to, took ages to do the bathroom when we did it as they dont come off easy

T

Tresco

I agree with the Pro's above but to answer your question I've used a heat gun in the past to remove old adhesive left from polystyrene ceiling tiles, (lovely job!).

Use with care though..

Reply to kitchen tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen