Search the forum,

Discuss Just call me lucky in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

I put a post on here early last week about pulling a calf muscle tenpin bowling and being unable to work last week. Wanted to get started this monday but the customer was unable to meet me to let me in {the property is empty} so had to wait for a key to be posted, which didn't arrive til wednesday.

Made a start yesterday and then last night when slicing tomato for today's sandwiches managed to slice off a bit off the top of my thumb. It was very neatly done, an almost perfect 1/4 inch circle.

Took 2 hours to stop it bleeding and now have a large bandage on it, so cannot get rubber gloves on and there is no way I am going to handle fungicidal wash without, cause if that got in there I would probably scream the place down.

Hopefully by monday i can get away with just a plaster and get back to work.

D

david campbell

:oops:

you really should have visited a@e with that,i've done it before and you might need it cleaned out properly in case there is any nerve damage,it took 2 jags to stop the bleeding becaues all your blood flows to your fingers and back.

reall to be honest i think you need wrapped in cotton wool and should be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times:lol:

D

doit4u

I blame the wife, the doctor told her when they let me out of the home that I shouldn't be allowed near any sharp objects.

D

diamondtiling

I sliced my thumb open once with my stanley knife, a clean inch cut straight through the nail, it pumped blood for ages. Bit of Gaffer tape and carry on.

As BA Baracus once said "Aint got time for pain, fool!"

:lol:

D

david campbell

i usually rap some glass wool and electrical tape around these type of wounds:yikes:

Reply to Just call me lucky in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen