Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Just call me lucky in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

doit4u

I put a post on here early last week about pulling a calf muscle tenpin bowling and being unable to work last week. Wanted to get started this monday but the customer was unable to meet me to let me in {the property is empty} so had to wait for a key to be posted, which didn't arrive til wednesday.

Made a start yesterday and then last night when slicing tomato for today's sandwiches managed to slice off a bit off the top of my thumb. It was very neatly done, an almost perfect 1/4 inch circle.

Took 2 hours to stop it bleeding and now have a large bandage on it, so cannot get rubber gloves on and there is no way I am going to handle fungicidal wash without, cause if that got in there I would probably scream the place down.

Hopefully by monday i can get away with just a plaster and get back to work.

D

david campbell

:oops:

you really should have visited a@e with that,i've done it before and you might need it cleaned out properly in case there is any nerve damage,it took 2 jags to stop the bleeding becaues all your blood flows to your fingers and back.

reall to be honest i think you need wrapped in cotton wool and should be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times:lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd call you unlucky mate.

Orrrrrrrrr. King Pin Tomato Finger.

D

doit4u

I blame the wife, the doctor told her when they let me out of the home that I shouldn't be allowed near any sharp objects.

D

diamondtiling

I sliced my thumb open once with my stanley knife, a clean inch cut straight through the nail, it pumped blood for ages. Bit of Gaffer tape and carry on.

As BA Baracus once said "Aint got time for pain, fool!"

:lol:

D

david campbell

i usually rap some glass wool and electrical tape around these type of wounds:yikes:

Reaction score
I once chopped into my index finger when I was slicing through mosaic backing with a Stanley knife which hopped up onto the edge of the mosaic and straight into my finger. i've never moved so fast to my first aid box as I bled all over a granite floor I had just laid, and had to move damn fast to clean it up before my customer got back. I looked like a cartoon character when I had bandaged it up, it was as thick as my forearm :lol: DOH!

Reaction score
you big girl, get some fast-set on it and crack-on :yikes:the lad's from TUT north.
icu for a week then on to a conversant home for two week rest in the south.
:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to Just call me lucky in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks