Search the forum,

Discuss Jupiter underfloor heating system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Just been to see a job today where Jupiter underfloor heating system being used.
I have previously laid a stone floor on this about 5 years ago and have not had any comebacks.
water pipes are set within boards and then clinker terracotta tiles are loose laid on top of boards directly over heat pipes. the boards have insulation under them and they in turn are loose laid on to the base which must be dead flat , which in this case required latexing.
the clinker tiles are tongue grooved and stuck together on the sides only . so it is effectively a floating floor.
no expansion joints needed!!!!
i will try and post a link if i can work out how to do this.
anyone else worked over this system with success ?
my pci rep has tested their carrament product on this system and ok it.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There is not much meaningful info on their tech sheet to make a judgement on their efficiency. Would be useful to see how they sit on the heat emitter guide and what input temperatures are required to get the 100 w/m2 output.

J

jonnyc

interesting though all the same i think.
i have laid on this system 5 years ago with no problems and just seen another one last week for a 150 sq mt floor. dry system , seems too good to be true.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Very interesting in the respect That it is a fully dry system. This of course makes it attractive from the speed point of vew. In terms of pure heating design though the key to its success on a large scale will be its coefficient of performance. At present there is nothing in the market that competes or even gets close to low mass low temperature fast response systems which at present only gypsum flowing screeds supply. These systems offer a COP up to 25% better than any other systems. My concern with the Jupiter the systems is that th amount of free ai trapped between the pipe and he tile verlay will impact on its efficiency quite dramatically. Also the pipe is bedded into an insulate thus there is less pipe area available for heat transmission. As i say I woud need to see the science to make a judgement

Reply to Jupiter underfloor heating system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen