Search the forum,

Discuss Johnsons Tile factory shop Tunstall - opinions sought ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cabbage head

Hi I came across the forum , and found it to be a very informative site , with seemingly a lot of switched guys posting on here.
I have recently had to retire from my self employed Job as a flooring / printed concrete installer, due to health reasons, and have been recently taken to carrying out internal tiling / plumbing jobs as a fall back occupation, (the work is much lighter and the weather doesnt affect the job)
I am travelling from a Job in Nuneaton tomorrow back to N Wales, and thought I would drop by Johnsons Tile outlet in stoke, as I have a job to quote on for a conservatory floor next week and their prices seem OK - but have read horror stories in the past about their Adhesives.
I was wondering what the word is around the campfire regarding the quality of the tiles they sell through this outlet.

Any feed back would be welcome.

Thanks in advance for any pointers given, with regard to tile quality, things to avoid / beware of.
I know they tried to add an extra £4.00 a sq metre over the phone on a style they advertised online, which made me wonder whether they are straight to deal with concerning the trade.
Thanks Jon

W

White Room

Hi I came across the forum , and found it to be a very informative site , with seemingly a lot of switched guys posting on here.
I have recently had to retire from my self employed Job as a flooring / printed concrete installer, due to health reasons, and have been recently taken to carrying out internal tiling / plumbing jobs as a fall back occupation, (the work is much lighter and the weather doesnt affect the job)
I am travelling from a Job in Nuneaton tomorrow back to N Wales, and thought I would drop by Johnsons Tile outlet in stoke, as I have a job to quote on for a conservatory floor next week and their prices seem OK - but have read horror stories in the past about their Adhesives.
I was wondering what the word is around the campfire regarding the quality of the tiles they sell through this outlet.

Any feed back would be welcome.

Thanks in advance for any pointers given, with regard to tile quality, things to avoid / beware of.
I know they tried to add an extra £4.00 a sq metre over the phone on a style they advertised online, which made me wonder whether they are straight to deal with concerning the trade.
Thanks Jon

Done that about 23 years ago when it first came over here and it's hard graft.

Johnsons used to do the B&Q stuff so might give you some idea what the quality is like unless there've changed over the years.

S

Stef

Johnsons = Rubbish.

I get depressed when I walk onto a job now & see boxes of their tiles, I just want to cry..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
they used to be some of the best tiles you could buy, however they have gone way down hill, I try to avoid them if I can..

C

Cabbage head

Done that about 23 years ago when it first came over here and it's hard graft.

Johnsons used to do the B&Q stuff so might give you some idea what the quality is like unless there've changed over the years.

Thanks for the heads up whitebeam , Regarding printed concrete, Its not only hard graft - after a few years you develop a paranoia about the weather too, plus theres as much free dust flying about on the job as there is in a Sand storm.
Everybody knew what colour driveway I had installed the minute I walked into the pub after work:yikes:

I can handle a bit of plumbers white - or grout on my hands no problem, and I dont have to keep looking up at the sky every five minutes either :thumbsup:
cheers mate. jon

W

White Room

Thanks for the heads up whitebeam , Regarding printed concrete, Its not only hard graft - after a few years you develop a paranoia about the weather too, plus theres as much free dust flying about on the job as there is in a Sand storm.
Everybody knew what colour driveway I had installed the minute I walked into the pub after work:yikes:

I can handle a bit of plumbers white - or grout on my hands no problem, and I dont have to keep looking up at the sky every five minutes either :thumbsup:
cheers mate. jon

All spot on:thumbsup:

Reply to Johnsons Tile factory shop Tunstall - opinions sought ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen