Search the forum,

Discuss Job pricing, commercial in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Got a phone call out the blue on Thursday to see if I could price up a big job.
5000+m2 of floors & walls.
This job is huge to me as I've never looked at commercial tiling on this scale before.
Looking for advice for tiling in general & a ball park figure for m2 on this.
Floor tiles are a mix of ceramics between 300x300, 600x600, 900x450 & walls are 300x300 porcs.
All floor tiling getting laid onto Ditra.
Any help from anyone in the know would be a great help to me.
Cheers Stef.

M

Mr Tiler

£30,600 in tax blimey that's more than half of the final year you will be working to pay the tax mans pocket.

C

cr0ft

Be careful. Large companies usually contract large companies to do their work. I would be sceptical! Of course you may run a large company in which case ignore what I say lol.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

before you even start pricing you want to know payment terms in writing 5000 2m sounds a lot but with a good team of tilers with you could tile this in six to eight weeks so if the terms are 30 days you could end up waiting 60 days so you have finished the job and still be waiting for payment .remeber to factor in 5% retions 2% main contractors discount .so only 2 reasons for a call out of the blue his old tilers tell him to sling his hook or is checking his tilers is not over charging tread carefuly .on pricing break down each room and price one at a time .after cost work on a margin 2 week payments 30% 30 day payments ie 60 realy 50% dont forget to put your day rate in as well as when runing a job like that you spend more time sorting the work and tilers and you wont get as much tiling done yourself as you think

S

Stef

We already have a terms & conditions set out, just needs a few tweeks & a couple of other things need ironed out.
It's a big step up for me but I'm not going it alone, we have a QS already on board & are going back for another couple of site meetings next week.
Just trying to get a ball park figure regarding a m2 price
The terms & conditions are almost the same as you have stated Ray.

Reply to Job pricing, commercial in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen