Search the forum,

Discuss is bal green star strong enough in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nik73

hi all need advice is the green star bal strong enough for a bathroom me tiles are 450mm by 315mm and on tub it saying 300 by3oo !! or is that a guide cheers

G

grumpygrouter

hi all need advice is the green star bal strong enough for a bathroom me tiles are 450mm by 315mm and on tub it saying 300 by3oo !! or is that a guide cheers
For tiles of that size you need to be using powder adhesive. Tubbed adhesive dries by evaporation and with such large tiles it will take a long long time (if ever) to set.

Simple answer to your question - No it is not!:thumbsup:

N

nik73

For tiles of that size you need to be using powder adhesive. Tubbed adhesive dries by evaporation and with such large tiles it will take a long long time (if ever) to set.

Simple answer to your question - No it is not!:thumbsup:
cheers for ure response

D

Droopy

As the others have said, use a cement based (powder) adhesive for tiles over 300x300mm.
If you are going on to plasterboard then,
2 coats of neat BAL APD primer the fix with,
Single Part Flexible (white, if you are using a light coloured grout)
that will give you a 5hr pot life, so plenty of working time with it.

N

nik73

As the others have said, use a cement based (powder) adhesive for tiles over 300x300mm.
If you are going on to plasterboard then,
2 coats of neat BAL APD primer the fix with,
Single Part Flexible (white, if you are using a light coloured grout)
that will give you a 5hr pot life, so plenty of working time with it.
thanks james ive swopped the green star over to bal brown powdered bag high strength ive only got plasterboard 12mm where toilets boxed in which primed with unibond!!! but rest of walls are the oldsandy render on breeze block

D

Droopy

thanks james ive swopped the green star over to bal brown powdered bag high strength ive only got plasterboard 12mm where toilets boxed in which primed with unibond!!! but rest of walls are the oldsandy render on breeze block

Nik, I've never heard of BAL Brown Bag:huh2:

We do not recommend the use of PVA with tilling, which i think Unibond is.
I'm not sure what you can do about that now though. Maybe Gaz or Danny will have an idea on that?

As for your render, as long as it is sound, just prime it with BAL APD.
If it needs patching, use BAL Quickset Render. That can be tiled on after 2hrs if need be.

D

DHTiling

Nik, I've never heard of BAL Brown Bag:huh2:

We do not recommend the use of PVA with tilling, which i think Unibond is.
I'm not sure what you can do about that now though. Maybe Gaz or Danny will have an idea on that?

As for your render, as long as it is sound, just prime it with BAL APD.
If it needs patching, use BAL Quickset Render. That can be tiled on after 2hrs if need be.

Does he mean goldstar do u think..?..

Reply to is bal green star strong enough in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen