Discuss Installing floor tiles under kitchen units in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm getting large floor tiles install in the kitchen with existing kitchen units. However, getting different comments from companies over the difficulty of installing the tiles under the existing kitchen units. It's not a problem where there are kitchen cabinet legs and a plinth hiding it as they all say they can tile right up to the legs so the different between old tiles and new tiles will not be visible. However, the challenge is at the ends where you have units like a dishwasher that are not on legs. Or when you have big vertical end panels on the end of tall units that house the fridge/oven/microwave. Another challenge is kitchen island which is freestanding but it is extremely heavy and I've been told there is risk of damaging the quartz worktop which has been stuck to the unit using small amount of adhesive.

The original tiles were installed when the property was completely empty. But the new tiles need to be installed where now kitchen units exist.

Thoughts?

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It should not be a problem for a decent tiler. tile up to the legs and the end panels
we do it all the time. you will have to remove the dishwasher and washing machine
and replace after tiling. same with the island tile up to it, its not a problem

Reply to Installing floor tiles under kitchen units in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks