Search the forum,

Discuss Independant tile adhesive testing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mickbrick

I have experienced a problem with Ardex X32 adhesive on external porcelain tiles on a patio and pool area. The adhesive appears to have failed to stick to either the tile or the concrete base. Although Ardex experts are looking into this, I would prefer to get independent advice. Can anyone advise on a suitable expert or organisation that can carry out this kind of assessment? Thanks

R

Rookery

I believe the TTA do some kind of testing but I think it is very expensive, many hundreds of £'s. No doubt a TTA member on here will confirm. Before you do this, are you sure that the job was done to spec? IE was the slab dry, primed, addy mixed correctly, temps not too hot or too cold, did you back skim the tiles, thick bed fixing, movement joints etc etc. There are lots of reasons why there are problems, in my experience it is rarely if ever a product fault. We'd be interested to know the outcome so please keep us informed.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

look up ceram they will do this test keep samples of the adhesive you used even if you scape them from the bed or back of tile still can be tested now you need to give the rep a sample and you take a sample bouth of you sign and date then send yours off for testing once had this and the end result was to much sand in the adhesive but they told me it was estermose release well when i challenged them with my test results they then said there had been a mistake in the prodution and sorted this out at there cost good luck with this its not always the tilers fault

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have experienced a problem with Ardex X32 adhesive on external porcelain tiles on a patio and pool area. The adhesive appears to have failed to stick to either the tile or the concrete base. Although Ardex experts are looking into this, I would prefer to get independent advice. Can anyone advise on a suitable expert or organisation that can carry out this kind of assessment? Thanks

Try neil beningfield Neil Beningfield

Reply to Independant tile adhesive testing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen