Search the forum,

Discuss Impey waterguard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I really like the new water guard, not convinced by the jointing tape though, it's too shiny on the top side which isn't a great surface for tile adhesive to stick to, I'd prefer the jointing tape to have a fleece on the outer face like the matting.

Hi, are you referring to the 75mm folded section that sits vertically?

I

Ian

Hi, are you referring to the 75mm folded section that sits vertically?
This stuff
image.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks. So the Waterguard membrane should cover this shiny surface when laid on the floor. Our WaterGuard for walls product (due for imminent release) would also offer a way to eliminate the need to tile directly on the jointing tape on walls but we certainly appreciate the feedback on this for standard tiling directly on the tape. Thanks

I

Ian

Thanks. So the Waterguard membrane should cover this shiny surface when laid on the floor. Our WaterGuard for walls product (due for imminent release) would also offer a way to eliminate the need to tile directly on the jointing tape on walls but we certainly appreciate the feedback on this for standard tiling directly on the tape. Thanks
Yeah it wouldn't be an issue if all walls and floor were tanked as the tape would be covered but, if it's only a shower area that's walls are tanked, there are areas of the floor upstand/overlap that will be receiving tiles over this tape and it's not a good surface to tile onto.

S

Stevenorth

Definitely noted. One for our development team.
Hi, I’ve just purchased one of your 5m tanking kits to waterproof a shower enclosure, I’m using a conventional resin shower tray and have used a ClassiSeal waterproof upstand on this against the walls, the shower walls are Hardie backer board, how does the WG5 WaterGuard membrane affix to this and do the backer boards need priming with something first?

Reply to Impey waterguard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen