Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss I'm gonna tile and there's no stopping me in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

qwnz

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello everybody,

My name is Jens and I am from Germany. Last year I bought a house built in 1972 and now I am trying to make this bugger look nice. Almost all of the rooms are cheap vinyl flooring which I will tear out eventually and replace it with nice and shiny tiles. :D

The bathrooms I will have done by professionals but everything else I will try to get done by myself.

My ultimate goal is to have a sweet man cave with polished diagonal checkerboard pattern large format tiles. But until then I will first practice my tile in the basement.

This was the first room and first tile I have ever done in my life:

IMG_20191106_212559.jpg

60 x 30 cm cheap tiles that were curved like bananas which resulted in extreme lipping due to the brick pattern. Also the base tiles I cut way too tall.

Here's my hand after applying grout by working it into the joints with my bare fingers. Pain is a good way to learn.:D

IMG_20191104_225137.jpg

On to the next cellar room:

IMG_20191203_213602.jpg

Same cheap material but better pattern I believe. Also shorter base tiles.

Right now I'm doing the cellar hallway with again very cheap 30 cm x 30 cm. Very uneven slab which I couldn't be bothered to level. I have to pry up and adjust almost every tile because of this.

IMG_20200115_215811.jpg

I hope to get better at this stuff and will keep you posted on my progress. Who knows, maybe this will at least be some sort of entertainment for everybody ;)

L

LM

Fair play to you for having a go qwnz. By now I’m sure you appreciate that there’s more to this game than what some may think.
Welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to I'm gonna tile and there's no stopping me in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock