Search the forum,

Discuss How to lay a Black Limestone Patio in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Biggles

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, and apologise if this question has already been asked.

I'm currently getting some building work done, and part of this will include the laying of a black limestone patio - approx 35m[SUP]2[/SUP]. I have researched a bit about the stone type, and have seen numerous horror stories about it staining, effervescence marks, etc. What I can't find is how it should be laid properly in the first place so these problems don't occur. Should it be sealed, should it be colour treated, should it be grouted before or after sealing, do you actually need to seal it, does this have to be repeated every year, should it be laid with a damp proof membrane underneath, should special cement / mortar mix be used, or a special grout etc, etc, etc.

I've just re-read what I've written, and I sound a bit paranoid, but in all honesty I just want it done properly in the first place.

Any helpful hints and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Biggles (Doug)

Reply to How to lay a Black Limestone Patio in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen