Discuss How To Clear Joins & How To Bog Spaces? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm doing my first ever tiling job. Got the tiles down. Ready to grout.

All the advice on how to grout I see on the web fails to mention what to do about joints that are full of adhesive.

I suppose that needs digging out lof there? Spoil the appearance and also, I suppose, not so good at the job as grout? Will let water in? Will crumble away?

Well, how best to get it out? I'm tiling 1.5" square tiles on a shower floor. Miles of joins to clean. Is there a tool for this?

Second question: I've got some spaces where I couldn't get a tile in and I'd like to bog them up. Up to about 1/2" I suppose.

I have indoor/outdoor filler to hand. And mortar. And happy to go get whatever...

And outside corners where I couldn't overlap the tiles to I want to round off the corner with bog somehow.

Is grout good enough for this or I should use something else?

Reply to How To Clear Joins & How To Bog Spaces? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks