Discuss How to build floor level above underfloor Heating? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kel

Good Evening folks. I have an underfloor heating question which im hoping someone can shed some light on.

Basically we have bought an apartment that has water underfloor heating. The living room and hall have floorboards in there currently that are 1inch thick and sit above the heating system. The floorboards we are looking to install work out to be roughly 10mm.

Ive been told to get the floor level to the bedrooms and bathrooms we would need to get a concrete board/ dry screed board to build the floor up. Now cost wise this works out very expensive and if we leave out levelling the floor all our skirting boards and door frames would need replacing or use of beading and transition pieces to the bedrooms.

I was looking into tile backer boards and wonder if they would be of use? The way the system would be is underfloor heating - something to increase floor level by 10mm - underlay - laminate flooring

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks folks

W

WetSaw

What is under the floorboards? Concrete?
If so you could primer that then use SLC. You'd have to do your sums to see if it would work out cheaper than boards.

Reply to How to build floor level above underfloor Heating? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks