Search the forum,

Discuss how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Chatting to a guy on a large house refurb and his nephew has failed the CSCS test four times :dunce2:

W

william_cee

i just got mines through last month , this my 1st time having one in the 10 years I have been on sites i was always that guy that got away with it lol .. my new card has wall and floor tiler svq level 3 on the back of it and its gold in colour ... apparently there is another card after this one you can sit a further test for with the same svq or nvq that its black in colour ... its for a supervisory and management but under cscs rules you only hold one at any given time.. The gold one goes nicely with my manual handling certificate and 1st aid certificate tho .. The site agents tend to give ya peace if they know yer a 1st aid man that's prob the only reason why I had got away without having one for so long lol ...

R

Rossymcg

i just got mines through last month , this my 1st time having one in the 10 years I have been on sites i was always that guy that got away with it lol .. my new card has wall and floor tiler svq level 3 on the back of it and its gold in colour ... apparently there is another card after this one you can sit a further test for with the same svq or nvq that its black in colour ... its for a supervisory and management but under cscs rules you only hold one at any given time.. The gold one goes nicely with my manual handling certificate and 1st aid certificate tho .. The site agents tend to give ya peace if they know yer a 1st aid man that's prob the only reason why I had got away without having one for so long lol ...

The black one isn't easy to get, you have to show evidence of being in supervisory roll, ie understanding of health and safety welfare etc what situations you've been supervising in,
Better off doing the ssst course if a construction company requests a qualified supervisor on site,
All my labour has to have cscs cards, some if the older chaps just get a site operatives card,

Reply to how many guy's gal's are CSCS card holders!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen