Currently reading:
High Temperature Tile Adhesive

Discuss High Temperature Tile Adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Went to look at a BBQ/fire pit today and the customer would like it tiled inside using brick slips, what sort of adhesive is going to be suitable to take those sort of temps! Probably 250/300 Celsius. I've had a look at a couple of PDFs of tilemaster products but can't find the required info. Just thought I'd ask before I ring technical help in the morning. It'll be gas by the way so no hot coals will be in the base.

I

Ian

This might be of use to you Bri... >>> VITCAS Heat Resistant Tile Adhesive
I saw that on a Google search Dave, found it a bit odd that it's ready mixed and it can only be bedded up to 3mm, sounds a bit too similar to dispersion adhesive to me. I'll be sticking them straight to blockwork and I'm not convinced it'll be flat or smooth enough for a 3mm bed.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I saw that on a Google search Dave, found it a bit odd that it's ready mixed and it can only be bedded up to 3mm, sounds a bit too similar to dispersion adhesive to me. I'll be sticking them straight to blockwork and I'm not convinced it'll be flat or smooth enough for a 3mm bed.

Some fire adhesives are tubbed , have a look at fire cement as well....

Most tile adhesives are only suitable to 100dgs if I recall rightly , so high temp fire adhesive like you say is required.

I

Ian

I'm sure it's bagged in the UK it says on the bag that it's manufactured in Leyland, Lancashire. Anyway, this is what I'm doing, just the inside in brick slips.
image.jpg

A

antdad

I'm hetas registered so install stoves as well as construct and finish fire places and the odd pizza oven. I'd have no hesitation in using ready mixed fire cement in this application, it'll also be cheaper than any heat proof adhesive. You could also use a lime mortar 5:1:1 (sand:cement:lime) which I use to render in and around fireplaces, it's flexible and heat resistant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bri , they may be a British company but are there products made or even bagged in Britain? Would be great if they would say, yes or no[/QUOTE]

Yes - we manufacture and bag all products ourselves here in Leyland, Lancashire.

My father Paul founded the company in 1990 originally making ready mixed tile adhesive, he then started producing his own powders in 1997. I joined him in 2002 following an unfortunate accident that Dad had, we were a 3 man band at the time and it has been an incredible journey of growth ever since.

We are currently in the process of having the manufacturing plant extended, we are adding an additional production line which will then give us 5 mixing and packing lines. Once the work has been completed, anybody wishing to visit is very welcome.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
That sounds like an interesting offer!
I'd definitely like to attend.
I use your products given the choice and I'm very happy with them too!

Ive been too Tilemasters Factory. It is quite fascinating.

Reply to High Temperature Tile Adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement