Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss High Temperature Tile Adhesive in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

Went to look at a BBQ/fire pit today and the customer would like it tiled inside using brick slips, what sort of adhesive is going to be suitable to take those sort of temps! Probably 250/300 Celsius. I've had a look at a couple of PDFs of tilemaster products but can't find the required info. Just thought I'd ask before I ring technical help in the morning. It'll be gas by the way so no hot coals will be in the base.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think the brick slips would suffer more than the adhesive. I would think they would undergo spalling quite quickly.

I

Ian

I think the brick slips would suffer more than the adhesive. I would think they would undergo spalling quite quickly.
They're cut from blue engineering bricks Alan so, I'm fairly happy they'll be ok. It's the adhesive that's my problem, so to speak, that's the bit I don't want to fail.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh ok bri. Interesting one. Sadly I have no answer but interested if you get one.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I saw that on a Google search Dave, found it a bit odd that it's ready mixed and it can only be bedded up to 3mm, sounds a bit too similar to dispersion adhesive to me. I'll be sticking them straight to blockwork and I'm not convinced it'll be flat or smooth enough for a 3mm bed.

Some fire adhesives are tubbed , have a look at fire cement as well....

Most tile adhesives are only suitable to 100dgs if I recall rightly , so high temp fire adhesive like you say is required.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

this depends on what the back ground the tiles are fixed to and how that can handle the heat tile master ultamat should handle the heat but if it cant pass some of that back to the substrate it may be a problem

Reply to High Temperature Tile Adhesive in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks