Discuss Hi from the PCI guy! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BASF Solutions

Hi all :thumbsup:

I'm a technical sales representative for BASF Construction Chemicals working for the PCI division in the South East. A few people on the forum do know me already. PJC and I have been working together successfully for almost 6 years.

If anyone would like to know anything technical relating to PCI products or needing advice on PCI products please feel free to PM me & I'll gladly help.

Most people will agree (whether they want to or not is another question ;) that generally Ardex adhesives are seen as the most consistently high performing products that have been around for many years, what many people do not know is that PCI is the market leader in Germany where.... you guessed it- ARDEX originates from :yikes:

Apologies in advance if I'm contravening any forum rules by introducing myself as a PCI employee but my only intention is to be of technical assistance or help with advice on PCI products.

Any PCI questions out there?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum!

Hi BASF Solutions and welcome to tilersforums.com!

D

DHTiling

I'm a technical sales representative for BASF Construction Chemicals working for the PCI division in the South East. A few people on the forum do know me already. PJC and I have been working together successfully for almost 6 years.

If anyone would like to know anything technical relating to PCI products or needing advice on PCI products please feel free to PM me & I'll gladly help.

Most people will agree (whether they want to or not is another question ;) that generally Ardex adhesives are seen as the most consistently high performing products that have been around for many years, what many people do not know is that PCI is the market leader in Germany where.... you guessed it- ARDEX originates from :yikes:

Apologies in advance if I'm contravening any forum rules by introducing myself as a PCI employee but my only intention is to be of technical assistance or help with advice on PCI products.

Hello and welcome....We would welcome your advice to the members on products and thank you for not linking to pci site etc.

You are welcome to interact but no direct linking to pci site or sales etc..

Enjoy the forums..:thumbsup:..

p.s..pete is a good bloke.

B

BASF Solutions

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

No problem Dave, I will behave ;)

Pete is a great guy and VERY knowledgeable on all things tiling related- he's certainly taught me plenty in the 5 and a bit years I've known him... he sometimes calls me just to tell me the grade of sand in our adhesive has changed slightly! :) On a serious note- he knows his stuff and our products esentially do what he wants them to do- keep the tiles stuck!

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:pCI Guy.
Personally I find your adhesive difficult to use.
It goes off too quick and I find it wasteful.
I'am sure I must be doing something wrong with the application of some of these new nano..... adhesives but prehaps in time I'll get the hang of them.:thumbsup:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Welcome BASF, look forward to your input, I do have a couple of questions but I'll post them in the general forum so as to be seen by more members etc.

And Pete is a top bloke :thumbsup:

B

BASF Solutions

welcome BASF, did you also used to make cassette tapes:lol::welcome:

Yes Doug, they were 1 of the products that BASF used to manufacture and funnily enough it's the only business they've ever sold off (sometime in the 80's I believe)... now officially the world's largest chemical company with over 97000 employees worldwide.

P

Perry

IS that you my rep ?

B

BASF Solutions

:welcome:pCI Guy.
Personally I find your adhesive difficult to use.
It goes off too quick and I find it wasteful.
I'am sure I must be doing something wrong with the application of some of these new nano..... adhesives but prehaps in time I'll get the hang of them.:thumbsup:

Hi, is it possible that due to the high yield of the adhesive (approximately 30% higher than standard cementitious adhesives) you're mixing too much at a time? Nanolight ws the forerunner to all the modern 'high yield' adhesives now available from most of the leading manufacturers.

The standard set Nanolight (5 to 8 hour cure depending on temperature and substrate) has a very long working time (bucket life) of about 90mins and open time of approx 30mins- this should be achieved if the adhesive is mechanically mixed (whisked) for the correct time (approximately 1.5 to 2 mins and then left to stand for about 3 minutes before being briefly remixed) and the correct amount of water used (approximately 9 litres per 15kg sack)- we do not recommend manually (hand) mixing any of our polymer modified cementitious adhesives and in particular Nanolight as they will not perform to the standards of mechanically (drill) whisked product. The standing time is particularly important as it allows the polymers to disperse evenly through the adhesive. All of this allows the product to be used up to a bed thickness of 15mm and as little as 1mm (if that's even possible!).

Nanolight Rapid on the other hand requires less water and has far less working time (approx. 30mins).

Hope this helps.

Reply to Hi from the PCI guy! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay