Discuss Herringbone bevel metro - what trim?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 56490

Hi, my tiler has recently suggested that beveled metro tile, herringbone, half wall will not look good as extra grout will be exposed on the trim. I'm intending to use white tiles, dark grey grout and black trim. Would a box trim work to the highest part of the tile with the lower part just showing extra trim? Ie no grout buildup? Thanks, any thoughts ideas welcome. As I'm not doing it, also looking at the simplest method to not add too much extra expense for tilers time

D

Deleted member 56490

Correct, just extra trim , not extra grout. 👍
Thanks Dave, would you happen to have a picture of what a box trim would look like with irregular time depth from bevelling? Thank you for your input, I want to be clear with my builder/tiler.

D

Deleted member 56490

I personally don’t no.
Thanks - but as a tiler, you'd think acceptable/ok to do beveled tiles in herringbone with half wall trim? I'm guessing making it look good is all in how even/clean the top line of tiles is cut so that the trim doesn't rest uneven on the cut tiles?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks - but as a tiler, you'd think acceptable/ok to do beveled tiles in herringbone with half wall trim? I'm guessing making it look good is all in how even/clean the top line of tiles is cut so that the trim doesn't rest uneven on the cut tiles?
It will always show on a bevelled edge , keep the grout lines against the trim even and a neat edge is about all you can do when trimming. It’s not something in bevelled tiles I’d like.

Reply to Herringbone bevel metro - what trim?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay