Discuss Herringbone bevel metro - what trim?! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 56490

Hi, my tiler has recently suggested that beveled metro tile, herringbone, half wall will not look good as extra grout will be exposed on the trim. I'm intending to use white tiles, dark grey grout and black trim. Would a box trim work to the highest part of the tile with the lower part just showing extra trim? Ie no grout buildup? Thanks, any thoughts ideas welcome. As I'm not doing it, also looking at the simplest method to not add too much extra expense for tilers time

D

Deleted member 56490

Correct, just extra trim , not extra grout. đź‘Ť
Thanks Dave, would you happen to have a picture of what a box trim would look like with irregular time depth from bevelling? Thank you for your input, I want to be clear with my builder/tiler.

D

Deleted member 56490

I personally don’t no.
Thanks - but as a tiler, you'd think acceptable/ok to do beveled tiles in herringbone with half wall trim? I'm guessing making it look good is all in how even/clean the top line of tiles is cut so that the trim doesn't rest uneven on the cut tiles?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thanks - but as a tiler, you'd think acceptable/ok to do beveled tiles in herringbone with half wall trim? I'm guessing making it look good is all in how even/clean the top line of tiles is cut so that the trim doesn't rest uneven on the cut tiles?
It will always show on a bevelled edge , keep the grout lines against the trim even and a neat edge is about all you can do when trimming. It’s not something in bevelled tiles I’d like.

Reply to Herringbone bevel metro - what trim?! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks