Search the forum,

Discuss Help Advice needed in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

They make a nice feature wall ungrouted but a mare to grout and clean in a shower area including all the soap residue.

F

Flintstone

I've fitted these tiles numerous times and have always grouted the joins, they look better butted up tight. If they are going in wet area your gonna want to grout them.

B

Benji84

Would a grout gun make it a little easier? Or just ignore the grout butt up and hope the walls really are waterproof? :tearsofjoy::grin:

F

Flintstone

Lay them out on the floor and you will get an idea.
I can tell you, the walls deffinately aren't water proof

W

White Room

Would a grout gun make it a little easier? Or just ignore the grout butt up and hope the walls really are waterproof? :tearsofjoy::grin:

Could use a grout bag, let the grout stiffen up a bit in the joints then strike excess off, use a sponge very gingerly so to avoid any residue going into the tile surface.

B

Benji84

So grouting is the way forward to guarantee a dry kitchen ceiling :tearsofjoy::grin:

Would it look better staggered or on top of each other then with grout or is this just personal preference??

F

Flintstone

Personal preference, personally on top of each other. Just grout with the float but don't spread it all over.
On a serious note, nmp is not water proof.

B

Benji84

Personal preference, personally on top of each other. Just grout with the float but don't spread it all over.
On a serious note, nmp is not water proof.
Would it be worth using a tanking kit over the nmp? Or just tile and grout onto it?
Thank for advice

Reply to Help Advice needed in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen