Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hello - bathroom tiling already boarded in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Delighted to find this Tilers’ forum. Have previously used the Plumbers’ forum which has been very helpful.

I took on tile the en-suite in our extension a couple of years back. Didn’t start well: didn’t know the significance of having selected porcelain tiles until I tried to make the first cut by score and snap! Took me many weeks, but got through it and happy with how it turned out.

As a consequence of the extension, our family bathroom was majorly modified in size and shape. Having got the new en-suite up and running we started re-working the bathroom last year. We decided to pay for a pro to tile the bathroom: get a proper job done, much less hassle for us and much quicker. Hasn’t worked out that way and 9 months later I’m coming to terms with doing it myself. Problem is, based on a pro doing the tile, we introduced some tricky bits which I’m obviously now regretting!

I’m hoping to get help from the forum in resolving a problem I have in the en-suite, then support with taking on the bathroom.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Delighted to find this Tilers’ forum. Have previously used the Plumbers’ forum which has been very helpful.

I took on tile the en-suite in our extension a couple of years back. Didn’t start well: didn’t know the significance of having selected porcelain tiles until I tried to make the first cut by score and snap! Took me many weeks, but got through it and happy with how it turned out.

As a consequence of the extension, our family bathroom was majorly modified in size and shape. Having got the new en-suite up and running we started re-working the bathroom last year. We decided to pay for a pro to tile the bathroom: get a proper job done, much less hassle for us and much quicker. Hasn’t worked out that way and 9 months later I’m coming to terms with doing it myself. Problem is, based on a pro doing the tile, we introduced some tricky bits which I’m obviously now regretting!

I’m hoping to get help from the forum in resolving a problem I have in the en-suite, then support with taking on the bathroom.

Thanks in advance,
Andy
Hi Andy
Nice to see you on here as well.
Thanks for the great feedback.
We are always happy to see familiar faces not only from this forum but our others as well.
Our members on here are really experienced tilers and feel free to post any questions or to get advice. Our members will give advice to anyone that needs it.

Have you got any pictures of your bathroom?
Inside Out Reaction GIF

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks Lou,

I just grabbed pictures of the four corners of the bathroom. It’s been in this state for many months, probably a year now. The (grown up) kids use it as it is.

We’ve had a couple of pro’s lined up over this time, which unfortunately fell through for different reasons, and another guy came for a look but never returned the quotation he promised.

Some of the prep was on the advice of a pro, now I don’t see what he had in mind for achieving water tight joint between bath and horizontal surfaces. A question I need to ask when the time comes
81DF6DF8-D048-4FEC-897A-69FEBFE9A564.jpeg
41E4E028-C7CB-43B3-8E4F-434F3EDA5C0C.jpeg
105B363D-48CB-4586-A711-857016D5B0CD.jpeg
5118C60D-33D6-4381-ACC1-EF178F751328.jpeg

Reply to Hello - bathroom tiling already boarded in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock