Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Heat Resistant Adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

-=HaZ=-

TF
Reaction score
I was just wondering what people use as a good heat resistant time adhesive for slate tiles, possibly got a small area of 6m² to do
Topps do one for £25 for approx 4m²

Thanks

W

White Room

I'd use the Topps one just so I'd sleep at night but might be worth checking with other tile adhesive manufacturers.

I

Ian

I did the inside of a BBQ last summer and the adhesive supplied was the ready mixed stuff that can cope with temps up to 1000* Celsius, I didn't like the look of it and as with dispersion adhesives can only go on up to 3-4mm thick so, I rang tilemaster and they advised mixing ultimate with the flex additive, it's some strength when it sets I can tell you, that's what I would do if I was in the same situation again.

E

ExplodingPudding

I did the inside of a BBQ last summer and the adhesive supplied was the ready mixed stuff that can cope with temps up to 1000* Celsius, .

Mind sharing which adhesive that was? Last time I spoke to a manufacturer, that wasn't a thing. Anywhere. But would be damn useful for the information!

OP, the Topps Heat Resistant Adhesive is powder based addy made by Palace. A few of my customers have gotten about 5m2 out of it and a few, have got less. If you don't wish to use that specific adhesive, which is generally the standard I personally recommend for hot areas, the I would definitely give BAL, Mapei etc a ring. Just stay away from the cheaper brands as I personally wouldn't trust em as far as I can throw em from some of the stories I've heard.

I

Ian

This was the adhesive
image.png

I see Topps have discontinued the palace adhesive now.

E

ExplodingPudding

This was the adhesive View attachment 81295
I see Topps have discontinued the palace adhesive now.

Topps haven't discontinued palace adhesive. Heat Resistant Adhesive is an order only product, and some of the adhesives we sell are made by palace. As far as I'm aware, the heat addy is the only adhesive they make with their name on available in Topps.

I

Ian

Topps haven't discontinued palace adhesive. Heat Resistant Adhesive is an order only product, and some of the adhesives we sell are made by palace. As far as I'm aware, the heat addy is the only adhesive they make with their name on available in Topps.
I didn't say they'd discontinued all palace adhesives, I thought this thread was about heat resistant adhesives? And the Topps website states that it has been discontinued.

E

ExplodingPudding

I didn't say they'd discontinued all palace adhesives, I thought this thread was about heat resistant adhesives? And the Topps website states that it has been discontinued.

My bad, I misunderstood you and thought you were referring to all Palace products. I don't often have call for the heat resistant stuff now that I think about it.

Reply to Heat Resistant Adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks