Currently reading:
Had Gary the Rubi rep in at work today, 45° trowel opinions ?

Search the forum,

Discuss Had Gary the Rubi rep in at work today, 45° trowel opinions ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I think he is on here as he is on the TTA board. He very much rates these trowels and apparently zee germans have been bending old trowel combs over for 25 years to obtain a true 6,8,10...12mm bed !

Has anyone used them before and what are your opinions ? I was dubious until we had a chat about them and am keen to try them, could this be the end of the normal trowel ?

C

charlie1

I think he is on here as he is on the TTA board. He very much rates these trowels and apparently zee germans have been bending old trowel combs over for 25 years to obtain a true 6,8,10...12mm bed !

Has anyone used them before and what are your opinions ? I was dubious until we had a chat about them and am keen to try them, could this be the end of the normal trowel ?

Trust me mate. I doubt zee germans have been bending there trowels as they would appreciate how crap they ate just like we do

....hold a normal trowel 90 degree to the wall and try to spread, it won't happen... Ok, if the problem is about decreased beds due to notch size then increase the notch! ...we all know what notch does what!

P

Protilers

the fact of the matter is......Hold it......

if you are spreading adhesive...you should have even ribs left to right..............does not matter if its floor or wall.........
and then you should bed in front to back........only way to achive the almost impossible solid bed!!!!!
and thats a FACT!!!!!!!

do it ANY other way and you are breeching the rules.......but you "still" might be getting a solid bed!!!!

best wishes

Lee

Reply to Had Gary the Rubi rep in at work today, 45° trowel opinions ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.