Search the forum,

Discuss grout width and colour in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
This is what my tiles look like:
$_86.JPG

These are for the kitchen, hall and bathroom. Reading on here, it seems white is a bad idea. But I'm worried that grey, especially if too dark, will ruin the look. I guess I'm leaning toward light grey or a sand colour. Hoping someone has some good advice on that?

In terms of grout width, the box says to install with grout lines of 8-10mm on the floor. But that's huge, right? I got a selection of tiles out and checked them and they are at most out of square by 1mm on the length only. On the shorter width they were all square. The bowing of the tile across the surface was pretty good too. Very straight again across the width. Along the length they bow sometimes toward the ends by 1mm on some, one corner was maybe approaching 2mm. For a 600mm length that's surely within tolerance?

Do I really need to have such huge grout lines? Can I get away with something smaller like 5 or 6mm?
Many thanks

Reply to grout width and colour in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen