Search the forum,

Discuss Grout repair in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

tom761

-
Reaction score
Hi All,

Having recently found lots of water dripping down under my bath I managed to locate the problem to a small hole in the grout. I had a quick rummage in the loft and found some old BAL micromax grout which I was pleased to find was still a nice powder after 7 years. It mixed up nicely, seemed to set OK and I left it 2 days before having a shower. But when I had the shower it basically washed out ☹️.

Probably my own fault for trying to use old grout. Should 2 days have been long enough for it to cure properly?

As it's only a small bit of grout to repair I was tempted to try the pre-mixed Mapei 'fix and grout' - would this be ok for use in a shower?

Thanks,
Tom

Reply to Grout repair in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen