Search the forum,

Discuss grout lines setting out help in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Slowly Learning

Hi all,

I have a bathroom walls and floor to start with 30x30 porcelains. Customer is very hard to work for and notorious with the local tradesman round our way for picking holes and not paying. They want all wall and floor grout lines to follow through, the room is rectangular but out in the corners like every room. I was going to lay floor down dry and take my lines up from there for the walls. Is there any other way I can set out to ensure all lines follow through? Needless to say will be faffing around setting out for ages as I know what will happen if its not perfect.

Thanks in advance!

I

Ian

Fit the floor first then the walls, its the easiest way of making sure the grout lines all run together.

S

Slowly Learning

Thats the plan! Sounds daft asking this question Ive done it before. Just the thought of the almost imminent aggro playing on my mind so thought Id double check incase theres is some ye olde tiling technique Ive missed. To be honest I wish I didnt have to take the job but needs are must! Cheers.

S

Slowly Learning

Thats that settled then! Thanks to all who answered, the psychological hug I needed!

Y

YourTiler

I know you'll have started by now but as above tile the floor first....Dry laying is a bad idea IMO
I was shown this years ago when I started, to get all funny cuts sorted before laying - Absolute crap!! 1mm out in one place and it's gone t*ts up

Sometimes the customer sees where you're coming from, sometimes they don't

Seen it so many times before "the customer is always right" until it goes wrong :mad2:

C'mon.... this guys needing hugs :thumbsup::thumbsup:

K

kevg

I probably wouldnt do the job. I'm no tiler, but thats not the kind of atmosphere or relationship to work under when doing a job. In my profession I would simply refuse to do their work.

I have a guy in my house right now doing an excellent job for me so far, we can have a laugh, talk away to each other and I have trust in him. Imo, this is the way it should be.

S

stevee

agree with that kev,after 20 months on my own ,im getting to suss the a*******s out

if it looks like it probably will be grief i price high ,if i dont get ,oh well

Reply to grout lines setting out help in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen