Search the forum,

Discuss Green screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

Could you not dry fit the floor and then start sticking down with the highest tile first, place a piece of cardboard under a tile at the doorway and using a level to ensure it's all on a flat plane and tile back out towards the door. 6-7 mm dips on a floor of that size aren't really a big deal with 600x300 porc. You could then grout it on Thursday.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yea i could, it's just alot of faffing about, the walls have been boarded out horribly, am sick of it, am just trying to make it easy on myself, have only been there 2 days and am sick of it now, can I not latex then use the bal green screed then?

L

LM

Looks like I will have to do it the way you suggested @LEE MAC, after a chat with the technical dept the latex is unsuitable for a green screed. Cheers for the comments lads
With it only being 4mts at most it should only take a couple of hours extra, but your a day ahead in regards to waiting on laytex drying.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yea indeed mate, was just hoping to make life easy as I have had such problems with walls being awful as well, but will be charging for all the extra hassle so all's well that ends well.

This will be first and last job for this "builder" I think lol

Reply to Green screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen