Search the forum,

Discuss Green Screed which addy to use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frankenfurter

Hi Guys,

Just a few questions,

Need to lay a geometric floor over a green screed, ideally I'd leave it for the recommended time but it's just not possible.

Obviously I can't use ditra; tiles are too small. Can't get no Bal green screed in time, so what Mapei gear can I use?

Would keraquick & latex plus be okay? Is it possible to add latex plus to keraflex maxi, would this be suitable over a green screed?

Ta,

Frank

D

DHTiling

You need to use a slow setting S2 quality adhesive....mapei S2 mono ultraflex would be suitable...But i can't see why you can't use ditra...?...

F

frankenfurter

Some of the triangles used in the design are just 25 mm, I believe ditra has a min tile size of 50 mm. I'd dare someone with high heals would send one of straight through the mat.

D

DHTiling

Not sure on the min tile size, not something i have come across or been asked....i will email technical and ask them for you...:thumbsup:...

D

DHTiling

Just emailed one of their head guys...i will let you know what schluter uk say....

F

frankenfurter

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your help, on the schluter site
d) Load distribution (load impact)
The tile dimensions should be at least 50 mm x 50 mm.
So keraquick + latex plus wouldn't be suitable? That's supposed to be s2, not the fastest setting adhesive.

Reply to Green Screed which addy to use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen