Discuss Good or bad? in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

What member type are you?
Homeowner
Is this good tiling or not? I initially thought it was but every day I go in there the more squint tiles I see! Would be interested to hear what you think?

Attachments

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Homeowner
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do think is wrong?
Some of the tiles stick out further than others and some of the lines don’t seem straight. It’s definitely less obvious to see in the pictures. Need to look closely.

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,643 57 1
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
That’s what I suspected.....and this is who the bathroom shop put in to re-do the tiles after the first fitter did a terrible job.
To be fair if that's a make do and mend , it's probably not fair to criticise the tiler because he may not of been authorised to do a full rip out . So i would be pointing at the bathroom shop if it is a full rip out and redo , not to good but we have seen much worse , but I do feel you spotlights should be further from the walls and more towards the middle of the room as its always going to look dodgy with the shadows on bevel edge tiles

Homeowner
To be fair if that's a make do and mend , it's probably not fair to criticise the tiler because he may not of been authorised to do a full rip out . So i would be pointing at the bathroom shop if it is a full rip out and redo , not to good but we have seen much worse , but I do feel you spotlights should be further from the walls and more towards the middle of the room as its always going to look dodgy with the shadows on bevel edge tiles
It was a full rip out.

Homeowner
I am pretty sure the lights were the last thing to go in.
Post automatically merged:

We're the down lights in and working at time of tile fixing?
I don’t think so. They used their own spotlight thing when they were tiling.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Advent Win
Reactions
4,517 20
That’s looks really bad, I think the first attempt might well have been better.

Reply to Good or bad? in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.