Search the forum,

Discuss Genesis internal tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Superally

Hello guys,

Looking for some advice regarding installation of this trim. It will be used in a 1200mm x 800mm shower enclosuse (alcove).

I have always just used silicone but I am having doubts about making this waterproof. Anybody used it??

Aluminium Internal Trim

Thanks in advance.

SA

S

Superally

The wet area bit is worring me.....but the customer has seen it in the showroom where it never gets wet!!!!! and you all know the customer is always right!!!

D

doug boardley

I wouldn't use it in a wet area, if customer persists, ask them to get a guarantee from the showroom:smilewinkgrin:

G

Gazzer

I would seal the shower before tiling then when dry sit this trim on another bead of silicone, then tile ,that should sort it out but as i say i have never used it in a wet area.
it may be as wise to put a thin bead of silicone in the channel of the trim too before the tile.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

it reminds me of the bath trims that diy'ers used to put on the face of the tiles:thumbsdown:

G

Gazzer

Personally i dont like it but times change. I know they dont sell much at my local tile store.

Reply to Genesis internal tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen