Discuss Foil backed underfloor heating board. Can I tile? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a foil backed board for underfloor heating, (with the inserts for white hot water pipes) that's suitable for tiling? I've said no but they (contractor) insist it's ok providing the primer is allowed to dry for 24hours, so against my better judgement I have primed Saturday, screeding today, tiling tomorrow, with framed herringbone wood effect porc tile about 500mm X 100mm. Hence my unease! It just doesn't feel right.

Anthony

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a foil backed board for underfloor heating, (with the inserts for white hot water pipes) that's suitable for tiling? I've said no but they (contractor) insist it's ok providing the primer is allowed to dry for 24hours, so against my better judgement I have primed Saturday, screeding today, tiling tomorrow, with framed herringbone wood effect porc tile about 500mm X 100mm. Hence my unease! It just doesn't feel right.
Been on this a few times. Neat prime, just got to let it dry.
Then straight over the top with an s2. Don’t need to level just for sake of covering pipes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
Then straight over the top with an s2. Don’t need to level just for sake of covering pipes!
Thanks for that. I laid the screed and although the primer (neat) had dried for 36hrs I ppp0g
Does anyone know of a foil backe<?d ! Hence my unease! It just doesn't feel right.

Thanks very much for the advice. I done just that, primed floor Saturday screeded this morning and bubbles galore! Got the S2 👍🏻

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
:)
Wunda do it and I used it and tiles cracked every where !! They wanted to lay 1200x1200 6mm tiles straight on it !! Done everything adhesive and underfloor heating suppliers recommend ! And I knew they would crack !! Sometimes just doing things properly and the tried and tested methods work

Reply to Foil backed underfloor heating board. Can I tile? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks