Currently reading:
floor prep views please - OSB3 questions

Discuss floor prep views please - OSB3 questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I went and priced a bathroom for this guy to which I measure up and tell him what is needed for the marble floor he requires.

The floor is 10m2 chipboard with dips and highs due to the joists being out to say the least.

The plumber has told the customer that he will prep the wet area for me so he has done...in a fashion. Hello OSB3...around 6m2 on the floor has been covered and nailed to the joists with painted OSB3. He has told the customer the board is waterproof which having not come across it on flooring before now, I know it to blow and deform if it gets wet.

I told him I would take up the chipboard and replace with 25mm ply and overboard with a suitable backer board, ditra and tile.

Problem is he has paid his plumber to do the 'prep' so Im basically looking for a 100% confirmation that I should replace the OSB3 and I can categorically say to the customer that he can ask his plumber for money back for installing unsuitable products. Am I right or can I backerboard over the OSB3?

cheers peeps...now to hunt out some food, hospital coke machine and crisp machine wasn't working...again...need to find a good Chinese in Didsbury, Manchester if anyone knows of any ? Mr Carroll ? :)

Last edited:

Reply to floor prep views please - OSB3 questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement