• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss sub floor prep in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Hi All First post

long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the 1st floor with a wet room but disaster hit on day 3
after coming back from work i found a large amount of problems
floor replaced with loft board and screwed down with plaster board screws
waste went from 40mm to 32mm and was covered in silicon (it was also glued) apart from 1 elbow that was missed and not even glued
a strap boss was used lower down the stack and was not glued but silicone used
so pulled him off the job as it was clear he didn't know what he was doing
so i have decided to overlook the job myself replying of people of the trade i need i know a few people that is also helping me out

the wet room has now been scrapped and a 25mm low profile mira tray is to be used
a plumber i used for a new boiler recently helped me out and corrected the bodge this person did and is coming back when ready to pre fit the other stuff once floor is complete just before tiler comes out
so i have laid with my friend thats a chippy new 18mm green chipboard and have 6mm no more ply to go over the top and but up with the tray that will sit on the 18mm chipboard
so my questions are
1- after fitting the 6mm no more ply staggered with the recommended glue and screws do i need to coat the no more ply in a waterproof barrier? and is tanking the floor area near the tray also worth doing? any recommendations on products to use
2- we are also putting a studded wall in the shower area approx. 80/100mm out for recessed shelf using 12mm hardieboard i have the hardie tape and screws but wasnt sure what adessive to use for filling joints then taping and over filling again as per videos i have seen again recommendations very grateful
i have the mapie shower kit to tank the walls after this is done

once this is complete i have a friend that's a tiler just hoping he has the time to get to me as he is always busy :) but he has said he know a few tilers in Swindon that can help me if it comes to it

sorry for such a long winded first post

Baz

Reply to sub floor prep in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer