Search the forum,

Discuss flex polishers/stone grinders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

simmy08

Hi. im looking at buying a polisher/ and or Grinder for profiling and honing Polishing Stone. What Is the Best thing to Go for as i have been asked a few times to Bullnose doorsteps and half bullnose porcies instead of trim.it is something id like to be doing. Is it best to have 2 seperate machines? does 1 do both depending on my workload etc? thanks

M

MARBLE_TONY

Klindex is the best in my opinion have not found anything better :smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Hi. im looking at buying a polisher/ and or Grinder for profiling and honing Polishing Stone. What Is the Best thing to Go for as i have been asked a few times to Bullnose doorsteps and half bullnose porcies instead of trim.it is something id like to be doing. Is it best to have 2 seperate machines? does 1 do both depending on my workload etc? thanks

Flex are an excellent brand of hand held polishing/grinding machines..

The best price i have found so far is National masonry supplies.. National Masonry Supplies - Highly Competitive in the Stone Trades Industries within the UK for Consumables and Machinery they also do all the diamond pads etc etc to go with them and bull nose profiling wheels.

D

DHTiling

You can use a grinder with cup wheel for the bulk removal and the polisher for low rev/speed work..

S

simmy08

what about edge profiling/milling? can i buy a heavy duy polisher that will fit profile router bits?

D

DHTiling

Hand held polishers only use M14 thread bits..

You can buy wet routers to use router profiling tools.. Dewalt do one and again that is sold by National stone masonry ..

I use a bull nose profiling wheel in my flex machine and then finish off with resin dry polishing pads..

C

cuttintiles

Flex make a "wet" Flex(needs to be attached to a hose).......bullnose wheel (wetsaw) or cup grinder (4 and a quater) the a wet flex will give you a perfect finish.

Reply to flex polishers/stone grinders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen