Currently reading:
flex polishers/stone grinders

Discuss flex polishers/stone grinders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Hi. im looking at buying a polisher/ and or Grinder for profiling and honing Polishing Stone. What Is the Best thing to Go for as i have been asked a few times to Bullnose doorsteps and half bullnose porcies instead of trim.it is something id like to be doing. Is it best to have 2 seperate machines? does 1 do both depending on my workload etc? thanks

Flex are an excellent brand of hand held polishing/grinding machines..

The best price i have found so far is National masonry supplies.. National Masonry Supplies - Highly Competitive in the Stone Trades Industries within the UK for Consumables and Machinery they also do all the diamond pads etc etc to go with them and bull nose profiling wheels.

S

simmy08

Dave do you use the bullnose profiing wheel wet or dry? and what thickness does you flex. bullnose wheel allow you to go to?
i was looking at something like this. i want it to be able to cope with larger jobs that i have coming up in the future. And if it isnt designed as a router for profiling then it needs to be something that will take a bit more beating for heavier work
Flex LW 1202 Wet Stone Grinder With Metal Composite Housing (110 Volt Only) » Product Detail - Online Tool Shop for all Trades - Sitebox Online

then i saw this
https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/...ne-grinder-with-variable-speed-110-volt-only/

i thought the variable would be better as profiling is done at a slower speed than polishing is that right?

D

DHTiling

Dave do you use the bullnose profiing wheel wet or dry? and what thickness does you flex. bullnose wheel allow you to go to?
i was looking at something like this. i want it to be able to cope with larger jobs that i have coming up in the future. And if it isnt designed as a router for profiling then it needs to be something that will take a bit more beating for heavier work
Flex LW 1202 Wet Stone Grinder With Metal Composite Housing (110 Volt Only) » Product Detail - Online Tool Shop for all Trades - Sitebox Online

then i saw this
https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/...ne-grinder-with-variable-speed-110-volt-only/

i thought the variable would be better as profiling is done at a slower speed than polishing is that right?

The wheel i have is a wet or dry one but i bullnose dry and i have dry polishing pads.. gives just as good a finish and ideal when you cannot wet polish.. wet polishing is a messy job , plus you need a water supply, this is where dry polishing is easier..

There are loads of machines and pads and the profiling wheels on the market.. just choose what is suitable for you.

Reply to flex polishers/stone grinders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.