Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing Glass Panel Splashbacks in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RDTiling

Evening all.

Im doing a kitchen splashback in a few weeks time. (Walls are being plastered due to old tiles taking down about half the wall - hence delay in starting the job).

The walls are going to be tiled using brick effect tiles, however the wall area that covers the width of the cooker is going to have a glass panel splash back fitted instead of tiles.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to use to stick the glass splashback to the walls? I was thinking Gripfill (yellow tube, due to it being solvent free) but wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions?

I'll be priming the new plaster with Weber PR360, but should i prime the glass splashback area with something different on will the Pr360 be ok?

Thanks,
Rich

W

White Room

Is it clear glass or does it have a backing, perhaps contact the company who supply them for advise.

R

RDTiling

I've not seen the panel yet, I just know it is dark in colour, but I don't think they have made a final decision on it yet.

I'll try and get more information and try the manufacturer.

Thanks Whitebeam .

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Lot of them come with a self adhesive backing.......peel off, stick on. As long as the area is flat

Reaction score
I wouldn't use the yellow tube gripfill (solvent free) it needs a more porous surface than glass to do its job properly. Use a mirror adhesive.

R

RDTiling

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm hoping the plasterer is going to work his magic and leave me with flat and smooth walls - fingers crossed for a self adhesive backing. If not I'll use a mirror adhesive.

R

Rookery

I've fixed a few of these. The self-adhesive ones need a background that is billiard table flat. The other one I've done were fixed with a neutral cure clear silicone.

Reply to Fixing Glass Panel Splashbacks in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen